Father’s Day is celebrated in honor of fathers all around the world. This day is marked specially for celebrating fatherhood and the influence of fathers in the society. Many countries celebrate it on the third Sunday of June. Father’s Day complements Mother’s Day, a celebration that honors mothers and motherhood.
I searched around and compiled a few selected quotes in honor of Father’s day.
- “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” – Billy Graham, Christian Evangelist
- “One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be.” – Unknown
- “My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, “You’re tearing up the grass.” “We’re not raising grass,” Dad would reply. “We’re raising boys.” – Harmon Killebrew
- “You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You’re her oracle. You’re her hero.” -Stanley T. Banks, Father of the Bride
- “My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence B. Kelland
- “By profession I am a soldier and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder–infinitely prouder–to be a father. A soldier destroys in order to build; the father only builds, never destroys.” – Douglas MacArthur
- “All fathers are invisible in daytime; daytime is ruled by mothers and fathers come out at night. Darkness brings home fathers, with their real, unspeakable power. There is more to fathers than meets the eye.” – Margaret Atwood
- “A father is his daughter’s first love and his son’s first hero.” – Unknown
- “Someday I will find my prince but my Daddy will always be my King” – Unknown
- “Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow.” – Reed Markham, American educator
- “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, singers of songs.” – Pam Brown
- “The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him.” – Proverbs 20:7
- “Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.” – Unknown
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
- “There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.” – John Gregory Brown
- “Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys.” – Anonymous
- “A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.” – Unknown
- “To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.” – Barbara Johnson
- “Fathers, be good to your daughters. You are the god and the weight of her world.” – John Mayor
- “A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.” – Gabriel García Márquez
I am blessed with a wonderful Dad who impacted my life in a very positive way. I am praying everyday that I will a Great Dad to my children.
Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to share your thoughts and quotes that are meaningful to you.
May God Bless all the Dad’s who are making a difference in their children’s lives.
Happy Father’s Day!