We encounter various trials and temptations as we go through the journey of life. During those tough times we can find comfort in the Word of God. We must read and dwell on the promises from the Holy Bible for courage, encouragement and support.
These promise verses from the Holy Bible will sustain and speak to us as we go through difficult times. The trials and temptations that we go through could be extremely personal to each one of us. During those tough times we have to keep our eyes on the Lord and trust Him. Once these things pass we will appreciate them in retrospect. We will be thanking the Lord for His Mercy and Grace towards us.
As we dwell on these promises and keep praying we feel the powerful presence of God. When troubles in life brings us to our knees we can feel our own helplessness and the powerful presence of God working in our lives. His word is a lamp to guide our feet and a light unto our path. (Psalm 119:105)
Here are some promise verses that I would like to share. They provided comfort to me and my loved ones during difficult times and I pray that you will find comfort in them too. As we read in Psalms 30:5 “Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.”
All these verses are from the New King James Version (NKJV).
- “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?” -Jeremiah 32:27
- ” For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” – Jeremiah 29:11
- “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.” – Jeremiah 33:3
- “Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear.” – Isaiah 59:1
- “When you go out to battle against your enemies, and see horses and chariots and people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the Lord your God is with you, who brought you up from the land of Egypt.” – Deuteronomy 20:1
- “You must not fear them, for the Lord your God Himself fights for you.” – Deuteronomy 3:22
- “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”-Deuteronomy 31:6
- “And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.” -Deuteronomy 31:8
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9
- “You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you.” -2 Chronicles 20:17
Please feel free to comment and share your favorite versus from the Holy Bible. May the Lord bless you abundantly and give you peace that surpasses all understanding.