Zig Ziglar died on November 28th, 2012 at the age of 86. The world lost one of its most influential men. He worked as a salesman for many years before becoming a motivational speaker and a trainer. The major turning point in his life was when he became a born-again Christian in 1972. He incorporated Biblical principles in his work. He wrote more than 30 books. One of his most famous books was “See you at the top”.
Zig Ziglar influenced millions of people around the world. I was personally influenced by his speeches, books and podcasts. His influence by the way he lived his life, through his writings, speeches and podcasts will live forever.
I would like to pay a small tribute to Zig Ziglar by sharing some of his quotes. These quotes inspired me personally and I am hoping that they will inspire you as well.
- The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.
- It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action and discipline that enabled us to follow through.
- Honesty and integrity are absolutely essential for success in life – all areas of life. The really good news is that anyone can develop both honesty and integrity.
- If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.
- You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
- Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.
- You can make positive deposits in your own economy every day by reading and listening to powerful, positive, life-changing content and by associating with encouraging and hope-building people.
- You cannot tailor-make the situations in life but you can tailor-make the attitudes to fit those situations.
- People who have good relationships at home are more effective in the marketplace.
- Every choice you make has an end result.
- I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can’t truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.
- If God would have wanted us to live in a permissive society He would have given us Ten Suggestions and not Ten Commandments.
- You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.
- Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.
- If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.
- It’s not what you’ve got, it’s what you use that makes a difference.
- Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
- People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.
- If you learn from defeat, you haven’t really lost.
- Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.
- Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.
- If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.
- When you are tough on yourself, life is going to be infinitely easier on you.
- Statistics suggest that when customers complain, business owners and managers ought to get excited about it. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity for more business.