Mother’s Day is celebrated in honor of mothers all around the world. This day is marked specially for celebrating motherhood and the influence of mothers in society. Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May in many countries including the United States of America.
I put together some select quotes from various people in honor of Mother’s day.
- Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love. – Mildred B. Vermont
- I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. – Abraham Lincoln
- I regard no man as poor who has a godly mother. – Abraham Lincoln
- My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her. – George Washington
- When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. – Sophia Loren
- When you were small and just a touch away, I covered you with blankets against the cold night air. But now that you are tall and out of reach, I fold my hands and cover you with prayer. – Dona Maddux Cooper
- Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws. – Barbara Kingsolver
- Mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. – Marion C. Garretty
- Men are what their mothers made them. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. – Honore de Balzac
- No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement. – Florida Scott-Maxwell
- A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking. – Helen Rice
- Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly. – Sarah Malin
- You don’t really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around – and why his parents will always wave back. – William D. Tammeus
- Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. – Robert Browning
- Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. – Author Unknown
- All mothers are working mothers. – Author Unknown
- A mother understands what a child does not say. – Author Unknown
- A man’s work is from sun to sun, but a mother’s work is never done. – Author Unknown
- The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. – Author Unknown
May God Bless all the Mother’s out there who are making a difference in their children’s lives.
Happy Mother’s Day!