Our Senior Pastor was invited to speak at various conventions to different groups of pastors across many cities in India. However, due to some internal difficulties the visa was not issued on time. It was disappointing that things did not workout as planned at this time, but I am confident that the Lord will orchestrate his visit to India in the future, because he has a heart to Serve as a God Fearing Leader and a Pastor.
During difficult times and disappointments like these, we can see how God Fearing Leaders respond to those situations and what we can learn from them.
Based on my observation, here are some important lessons that I have learned.
- God Fearing Leaders Believe In God’s Plan For Their Life: As it is written in the Holy Bible in Romans 8:28 “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” Even though he encountered various hurdles during the visa process he always believed in God’s plan regarding his visit to India. He is confident about God’s plan for his life.
- God Fearing Leaders Keep a Positive Attitude : There are many occasions, where he could have lost his cool when things do not go the way they were planned. However, he showed us how to keep a positive attitude and focus on God, in spite of the tough circumstances.
- God Fearing Leaders Wait For The Lord’s Will To Be Accomplished: Sometimes the waiting time is longer and frustrating and sometimes it might be a shorter period of time. Whatever the waiting time was, he clearly demonstrated that we have to wait for the Will of the Lord to be accomplished in our lives.
- God Fearing Leaders Practice What They Preach And Lead By Example: He always practiced what he preached. As quoted by Winston Churchill “Never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty -never give in…. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy”. He taught the congregation “Not to Give In” when Tempted, Troubled or Tired. He taught and demonstrated about the Lord’s timing and on the message from Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
- God Fearing Leaders See The Big Picture Because They Have A Purpose And a Plan: He stayed focused on his calling. Once he came to know that his trip to India is not possible at this time, he immediately focused on a different opportunity to serve in the Dominican Republic. As Alexander Graham Bell quoted “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” But our pastor did not let the environment change him into a helpless thinker. He moved on to a different opportunity to serve in Dominican Republic. God Fearing Leaders move on to serve based on their calling.
- God Fearing Leaders Are Excellent Communicators: He consistently communicated with the congregation during the various stages of the process by email, social media and also during the church services. The communication has been consistent in providing the updates and at the same time he was requesting the congregation to pray for him. God Fearing Leaders are effective communicators.
God Fearing Leaders, don’t resist the truth. They will be intentional with their words and actions and they constantly model what they believe and preach. They Lead By Example and they Practice What They Preach.