Theodor Seuss Geisel was an American writer, poet, and cartoonist. Dr. Suess was widely known writing and illustrating children’s books. He published 46 children’s books, often characterized by imaginative characters. Geisel’s birthday, March 2, has been adopted as the annual date for National Read Across America Day, an initiative on reading created by the National Education Association.
Here is a selection of Dr. Seuss quotes. They are simple, yet profound and are applicable to many areas of our lives including but not limited to life in general, leadership, business, influence, direction, encouragement, education, development.
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
- You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go.
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
- Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
- Step with care and great tact ,and remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act.
- Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
- Whenever things go a bit sour in a job I’m doing, I always tell myself, ‘You can do better than this.’
- You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.
- Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
- Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory.
- Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
And last but not the least “Only you can control your future!”