Audrey Hepburn was a British actress and humanitarian. She was recognized as a film and a fashion icon and was active during the Hollywood’s Golden Age. She was born on 4 May, 1929 and died on 20 January, 1993. Hepburn’s legacy as an actress and a personality has endured long after her death.
Audrey Hepburn was an inspiration to many. I would like to pay a small tribute to her by sharing some of her quotes that I found to be inspiring and I hope that they will inspire you as well.
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!
- People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.
- The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.
- For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
- You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.
- I heard a definition once: Happiness is health and a short memory! I wish I’d invented it, because it is very true.
- As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
- I’ve been lucky. Opportunities don’t often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.
- Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you’re exactly the same.
- Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering – because you can’t take it in all at once.