Mr. Samuel Truett Cathy (March 14, 1921 – September 8, 2014), was the founder of Chick-fil-A, an American fast food restaurant chain. Truett Cathy built his life and business on hard work, humility and biblical principles. He was an inspirational leader and a man of integrity. He was also a man of faith and wisdom. Based on his values he established a service-oriented business that is the countries second largest chicken fast food restaurant chain based on the annual sales. People everywhere love Chick-fil-A. He served the community and also helped in mentoring many young people through various scholarship programs. He once stated “If you wish to enrich days, plant flowers; If you wish to enrich years, plant trees; If you wish to enrich Eternity, plant ideals in the lives of others.”
We can learn a lot of leadership and business principles from this great man. He demonstrated a great example of success by contributing to the success and development of others. We should follow his example of leadership and service. I would like to pay a small tribute to Mr. Truett Cathy by sharing some of his quotes and sayings on Leadership and Business. These quotes inspired me personally and I hope they will inspire you as well.
- A business… is merely a reflection of the character of its leadership.
- A reporter once asked me how I would like to be remembered. I answered, ‘I think I’d like to be remembered as one who kept my priorities in the right order. We live in a changing world, but we need to be reminded that the important things have not changed, and the important things will not change if we keep our priorities in proper order.
- To take advantage of unexpected opportunities, we must leave ourselves available.
- The unexpected opportunity I enjoy most is the opportunity to turn a frown into a smile.
- Whatever you do, put your heart and soul into it.
- There is no such thing as business ethics, it’s personal ethics, it’s people who makes things happen.
- My business grew on my understanding that customers are always looking for somebody who is dependable and polite and will take care of them.
- One-on-one brand building, which can be the most effective.
- There’s nothing wrong with being kind to your customers.
- As long as you are being kind to your customers why not be kind to each other.
- The thing you receive in the restaurant business is the joy of pleasing people. Receiving compliments on your food and compliments on your service and compliments on your employees.
- I realized the importance of doing a job and doing it right. Pleasing your customers and enjoying what you’re doing.
- The joy you get in being in the restaurant business is not ringing the cash registers, but the compliments that you receive on your employees and on your food.
- By ‘staying small,’ we also remain sensitive to the needs of others around us.
- I knew if I ever had anything, I’d have to work for it.
Mr. Truett Cathy will be missed but he left a great legacy that will help us remember him for a long time. Hope you enjoyed reading this post. If you liked it, please feel free to share it.