Clarence B. Kelland once said “My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” Dads, lead by example. Make time to be with your kids, and embrace them for what they are. A child with an unconditional fatherly love will be successful. As Ralph Waldo Emerson stated, “Your actions speak so loudly, I can not hear what you are saying.” Be their role model and lead by example. Be there in your children’s lives and get involved in their daily activities as much as possible. Be their Chief Encouragement Officer, Leader, Teacher and Influencer.
Dads, here are a few quotes to ponder upon everyday…
- One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be. – Unknown
- A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society. – Billy Graham
- My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me. – Jim Valvano
- To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today. – Barbara Johnson
- The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him. – Proverbs 20:7
May God help us to be the kind of Dad He created us to be to make a positive impact on our children and our families. May God Bless all the Dads who are working on making a difference in their children’s lives.
Happy Father’s Day!